Hi, I'm Sarah! I'm based in Frederic, Wisconsin, but I do love to travel!
You already know I enjoy photography,
so here are 10 facts you may find interesting or unusual.
1. Why a redwing blackbird for my logo? It has to do with my grandma. As a child, she would point them out to me like they were as special as a unicorn. Seeing them in the spring and summer makes me feel like I am a carefree kid again!
2. I have two tattoos. One is a redwing blackbird (imagine that!) and the other is two monarch butterflies.
3. I got married at the age of 18 to my high school sweetheart in the July 2000. Our wedding took place in Siren, WI.
6. I'm a little obsessed with my two border collies named Solo and Pandora.
*Update! Added Luke in June 2018. **Another update! Added Charis (pronounced "care-iss") in April 2020!
7. I first got into photography because I wanted to take amazing pictures of herps. Not sure what that is? A "herp" is an amphibian or reptile!
4. I have 4 children between the ages of 12 and 18. Some are willing photography subjects; others are not so much!
8. I play drums for the worship team at my church. I want to get better at it, but for now I can keep a decent beat!
9. I am 50% Filipino and the other half is mostly German!
5. I grew up in Minnesota and moved across the border to Wisconsin when I was a teenager. I'd rather live somewhere tropical, like Key West.
10. My family and I live on 40 acres in the Frederic area with chickens, ducks, and eventually sheep and a few cows. Need eggs, anyone?